The challenge posed by decimals and percents stumps me in my everyday life. When I worked in the post office and had to figure out the percentage increase or decrease in revenue or mail volume over the previous year, I would stare blankly at my computer screen trying to figure out how to formulate the equation, then eventually give up and turn to my co-worker who had do
ne well in high school math and at one point considered becoming a Certified Public Accountant. She always knew how to figure out the problem and, much as she tried to explain it to me, I just couldn't seem to wrap my brain around it. The games included in this blogpost give students practice converting decimals and percents into each other.
Jeopardy Math, complete with sound effects, follows the familiar Jeopardy format and quizzes students on fractions and decimals. Keep pencil and paper nearby when you play--you'll need it!

We love football in my house, and Power Football had us competing to solve decimal multiplication and division problems to score field goals and touchdowns and win the game.
The Decimals and Percents Game at math-play.com gives students timed, multiple choice quizzes designed to demonstrate th
eir understanding of how a number is represented as a decimal or as a percent. I struggled with this one and really feel like I need to get a better handle on these skills so that I at least know where to begin the process of figuring out these conversions.
No comments:
Post a Comment