
I included this website for two reasons. The first is that it so thoroughly explains how to use a dictionary. I think we sometimes forget to explain this basic tool to students, and everything "dictionary" is covered here. The dictionary is the first reference I turn to and this site taught me a few new things. The second reason it's included is that my daughter attended Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo, California. Cuesta is a great community college for Big Island kids who want to get off the island but might miss the ocean and the climate too much. They can find both at Cuesta.
The engaging spelling games included on Gamesgames.com include
titles like Text Twist, Letter Detective and Word Mojo. The link will take you to a page with all these and more. The graphics are great and a wide subject matter gets covered.
So far in my teaching career I haven't seen a spelling bee in the classroom. Every year I like to watch the Hawaii State Spelling Bee on television. One year I knew one of the contestants and felt bad when he got eliminated. This spelling bee is a little less stressful.
No comments:
Post a Comment