I know you and I share the goal of having your student excel in every subject in school. It is important for students to apply their vocabulary skills across different content areas. In this blog post, I've included links to internet games that will provide a help system for times when students need help figuring out words independently. The more your youngster understands basic vocabulary concepts not only in language arts but in every subject, the better they will do in school.

The first game is called Antonym Challenge. You can find it on the Sadlier-Oxford website. Antonym Challenge is just one of several games that will open in a smaller window on your computer screen. These games really held my attention, and the varying skill levels made them effective for elementary and secondary students.
Another we
bsite that has a few games to choose from is provided by Crickweb from the United Kingdom. The one I've chosen here is Number Labeling, because it matches numerals one through nine with their printed names. It's not complicated but will serve students well in understanding numbers in both written and numerical form. The website also includes color labeling and sequencing games.Finally, I'm including Spiderman-Web-of-Words. (It takes about ten seconds to get through the advertisement). It's hard. Unscrambling letters to form a word has always been a difficult vocabulary challenge for me. I confess that I did not score well at all on this one. So, I plan to keep visiting in order to improve that skill in myself. I also really like the graphics on this one and have always loved Spiderman!
No comments:
Post a Comment