Friday, October 22, 2010

Taking It Literally

Dear Parents,

I dedicate this week's blog post to improving students' understanding of literal information. But before we get into that, I just wanted to give you another game in the same category as the Spiderman game from my last post. This one's called Scribble and gives you a random sample of letters to form into as many words as you can as quickly as possible. To play, just scribble your words on a piece of paper. The letter combinations are limitless!

In MeaningFall, students must "help the warrior cross the watery caverns, read the word definitions and guess the words that are hidden behind the clouds." It will make sense when you see it. I especially like the audio on this game!

The game Fact or Opinion? asks students to read a statement and then indicate whether it is fact or opinion. I zoomed through this one and missed a couple, so it helps to pay careful attention when reading the statements.

The last game in our list helps students with Science vocabulary. Science Labeling gives students a short time to study a diagram of various scientific systems and then asks them to label the parts they've learned. I learned the parts of a fish with this game!

No comments:

Post a Comment